With Warner Bros. latest DC installment ‘Bird of Prey’ releasing globally February 7th, the soundtrack is set to follow suit. Like the female lead move, the soundtrack is made up of just female musicians.
The entire album consists of exclusive music to the movie, with notable acts including Halsey, Doja Cat, K. Flay, Normani, Sofi Tukker. Halsey’s ‘Experiment On Me’ was co-produced by Jordan Fish and Oli Sykes from Bring Me The Horizon. This partnership will be very exciting to hear in full, for the time being – you can catch a glimpse of it in the soundtrack trailer below.
“We started by compiling a list of artists that we wanted to target based on the key music needs of the film, with the overall goal of creating an aesthetic that felt like Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey,” Atlantic Records West Coast president Kevin Weaver said in a statement to Complex. “By attacking the creative this way, we were able to achieve the most seamless integration of the music into the film, with all of the songs feeling completely on brand and authentic to the project and characters. My main goal was to accomplish this while also compiling a diverse group of cutting-edge young female artists who represent the ultimate bad ass girl gang.”
Ahead of the full soundtrack (and movie’s) debut, the Atlantic team is laying out four singles from the album in a unique way, with one dropping each week up until release day.
- Doja Cat – Boss Bitch
- WHIPPED CREAM (feat. Baby Goth) – So Thick
- Megan Thee Stallion & Normani – Diamonds
- Saweetie & GALXARA – Sway With Me
- Charlotte Lawrence Joke’s On You
- Maisie Peters – Smile
- CYN – Lonely Gun
- Halsey – Experiment On Me
- Jucee Froot – Danger
- K.Flay – Bad Memory
- Sofi Tukker – Feeling Good
- Lauren Jauregui – Invisible Chains
- Black Canary – It’s A Man’s Man’s Man’s World
- Summer Walker – I’m Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby
- ADONA – Hit Me With Your Best Shot