With the rise of streaming, we have seen many DSPs start their own version of support for rising stars. Deezer has been at the forefront of this with its Deezer NEXT program. Now in its fourth year of existence, we have recently been blessed with the newest class of NEXT.
The name that will stand out to music lovers is Ali Gatie, the Warner Music Group signed artist who recently released his album, You. He joins the list of starstudded graduates like Lewis Capaldi, Jorja Smith, and Rag’n’Bone Man. It’s safe to say that Deezer NEXT is an excellent incubator of talent. It’s brought unprecedented growth, which has seen 2019 graduates, Manuel Turizo and Lolo Zouaï, reach stratosphere-scrapping heights. Manuel saw a 200% growth rate, while Lolo respectfully saw a 70% growth, since their inclusion in Deezer NEXT program.
The list of artists joining the Deezer NEXT program are:
- Wilhelmine – A Berlin-born singer, Wilhelmine will reach your heart with her touching, real-life lyrics and pop melodies.
- Yseult – Finding inspiration in the urban French rap scene, Yseult developed her own unique music style called “Y-Trap,” a hybrid of pop and trap.
- Lous and the Yakuza – The 23-year-old Congolese born, Belgian based artist sings about finding her place in the world in her single, “Dilemme.”
- Pomme – Known for her honey-like sweet voice, 23-year-old singer/ songwriter Pomme is also the winner of the 2020 Victoires de la Musique prize for “revelation album” of the year.
- Captaine Roshi – Hailing from Villeneuve-Saint-Georges, this rising rap star is poised to become the new face of French trap.
- Tiee – All bets are on Diógines Tiee, the São Gonçalo, Rio de Janeiro, native is likely to be Brazil’s new face of Pagode music. The talented composer has recorded several hits featuring other artists, but now is ready to stand out on his own as a singer and performer.
- Luan Estilizado – Gifted as a young child, his father recognized Luan’s talent when he received his first toy accordion at nine-years-old. He has since grown up to become one of the best accordion players and Forró singers in the northeastern region of Brazil.
Latam / US:
- Rod Wave – This American rapper’s debut EP Ghetto Gospel made a splash in November 2019 and peaked #3 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- Joesef – Hailing from East Glasgow, Joesef brings incredibly soulful vocals to his self-proclaimed “sad boy music.” The singer is on his way to becoming one of 2020’s best breakthrough acts.
- Langa Mavuso – An R&B singer-songwriter from Johannesburg is quickly emerging as one of South Africa’s most sought after acts. Langa’s highly anticipated debut album will be dropping soon.
- Áslaug – This Icelandic-Dutch singer’s debut album blends dreamy synth chords, polyphonic drifts and catchy hooks. Taking influence from artists such as The Japanese House, HAIM and Lykke Li, Áslaug’s debut EP will launch later this month.
Each of the above artists will receive extensive support from Deezer, which includes marketing and editorial support, creative initiatives, and exclusive fan events. Keep your eyes peeled on the above artists and Deezer to witness the blossoming of 2020’s star class.